As a Realtor, it's essential to stay on top of your taxes to ensure you're maximizing your deductions and minimizing your tax liability. Here are some tax tips for Realtors: 

  1. Keep accurate records: Keep track of all your income and expenses throughout the year, including receipts, invoices, and bank statements. This will help you accurately calculate your tax liability and ensure that you don't miss any deductible expenses. 
  1. Deductible expenses: As a Realtor, you can deduct expenses such as marketing costs, office supplies, real estate licensing fees, MLS fees, mileage, and vehicle expenses, including depreciation, repairs, and gas. Make sure to keep receipts and records for all your deductible expenses. 
  1. Home office deduction: If you have a home office that you use regularly and exclusively for your real estate business, you may be eligible to deduct expenses related to it, such as a portion of your rent or mortgage interest, property taxes, utilities, and insurance. 
  1. Estimated tax payments: As a self-employed Realtor, you're responsible for paying estimated taxes throughout the year. Make sure to calculate your estimated tax liability accurately and set aside enough money to cover your tax payments. 
  1. Consult with a tax professional: Tax laws can be complex, and it's easy to make mistakes when filing your taxes. Consider working with a tax professional who can help you navigate the tax code, identify deductions, and ensure that you're filing your taxes correctly. 

Remember, staying on top of your taxes can save you money and help you avoid potential tax penalties. By following these tax tips and consulting with a tax professional, you can ensure that you're maximizing your deductions and minimizing your tax liability as a Realtor. 


What are some easy deductions for independent truck drivers/owners? 

Here are some general deductions that independent truck drivers/owners may be able to claim on their taxes: 

  1. Fuel costs: Independent truck drivers/owners can deduct the cost of fuel for their business-related travel. 
  1. Maintenance and repairs: Truck maintenance and repair expenses can be deducted if they are related to business use. 
  1. Insurance: The cost of commercial auto insurance, liability insurance, and other types of insurance related to business activities may be deductible. 
  1. Meals and lodging: When traveling for business, independent truck drivers/owners may be able to deduct the cost of meals and lodging. 
  1. Equipment and supplies: Expenses related to the purchase of equipment and supplies used in the business may be deductible. 

It is important to note that the IRS has specific rules and limitations on what expenses are deductible and how they can be claimed. Independent truck drivers/owners should consult with a qualified tax professional or accountant to ensure they are taking advantage of all possible deductions and complying with all tax regulations. 

Create your FREE and anonymous profile on Tax Titans and receive bids on your tax return preparation from qualified, vetted tax pros from across the country. 

What tax deductions are available for independent food delivery employees who work for Door Dash or Uber Eats? 

As an independent food delivery employee who works for Door Dash or Uber Eats, you may be eligible for various tax deductions. Here are some common tax deductions that may be available to you: 

  1. Vehicle expenses: You can deduct the expenses associated with using your vehicle for business purposes, such as fuel costs, maintenance, repairs, and depreciation. You can use either the standard mileage rate or actual expenses to calculate your deduction. 
  1. Supplies: You can deduct the cost of supplies used for your business, such as insulated food delivery bags, cell phone expenses, and other equipment necessary for your job. 
  1. Home office expenses: If you use a dedicated space in your home for your business, you may be able to deduct a portion of your rent, utilities, and other related expenses as a home office deduction. 
  1. Self-employment taxes: As an independent contractor, you are responsible for paying self-employment taxes, which include Social Security and Medicare taxes. You can deduct half of these taxes on your tax return. 
  1. Insurance premiums: You may be able to deduct the cost of health insurance premiums if you are self-employed and not eligible for coverage through an employer. 

It's important to keep detailed records of your expenses throughout the year to accurately calculate your deductions. Consider working with a tax professional or using tax software to ensure you are taking advantage of all the deductions you are eligible for. 

What is the Employee Retention Tax Credit?  Do I need an attorney to receive these credits? 

The Employee Retention Tax Credit (ERTC) is a tax credit introduced by the United States government as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act in March 2020, and subsequently extended and modified by subsequent legislation. 

The ERTC is designed to provide financial support to businesses that have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and encourage them to retain their employees. It provides a tax credit of up to 70% of the wages paid to each eligible employee, up to a maximum of $10,000 in wages per employee per quarter. 

To be eligible for the ERTC, businesses must have experienced either a full or partial suspension of their operations due to a government order related to COVID-19 or a significant decline in revenue due to the pandemic. The credit is available to businesses of all sizes, including non-profits, but certain restrictions apply based on the number of employees and the amount of revenue earned by the business. 

The ERTC has been extended and modified several times since its introduction, most recently by the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 (CAA) and the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) of 2021. It is now available through the end of 2021 and includes additional eligibility criteria and increased credit amounts for certain businesses. 

An employer can file retroactively for the Employee Retention Tax Credit (ERTC) if they were eligible but did not claim the credit in a previous tax year. As per the IRS guidance, eligible employers can file amended employment tax returns, Form 941-X, to claim the ERTC for qualified wages paid in the past. The deadline to file an amended Form 941 is three years from the date the original Form 941 was filed or two years from the date the employer paid the taxes reported on the original Form 941, whichever is later. It's recommended to consult a tax professional or an accountant to determine eligibility and to help with the application process. 

While you don't need an attorney to apply for or receive the ERTC, it may be helpful to consult with a tax professional to ensure that you meet all the eligibility criteria and to help you with the application process. The IRS website also offers guidance and resources on the ERTC. 


What is the National Association of Enrolled Agents? 

The National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA) is a professional association that represents enrolled agents (EAs) in the United States. EAs are tax professionals authorized by the U.S. Department of Treasury to represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The NAEA provides education, advocacy, and support for its members, as well as promoting the value of EAs to the public. The organization also works to promote tax policies that are fair and equitable for all taxpayers. 

Many of the Tax Titans you see on your Request For Quote (RFQ) will have the two letters “EA”, indicating these are tax professionals, having passed the three part IRS exam and focused on tax return preparation. 

Why does a tax professional I use need to have an EFIN? 


Why does a tax professional I use need to have an EFIN? 

An Electronic Filing Identification Number (EFIN) is a unique identification number that is assigned by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to tax professionals who are authorized to e-file tax returns on behalf of their clients. 

If you are using a tax professional to prepare and file your tax returns, it is important that they have an EFIN because it allows them to submit your tax returns to the IRS electronically. E-filing is a more efficient and secure way to file tax returns, as it reduces the risk of errors, speeds up the processing time, and minimizes the likelihood of identity theft. 

In addition, tax professionals are required by law to have an EFIN in order to file tax returns electronically. The IRS requires tax professionals to pass a suitability check and undergo a criminal background check before they can obtain an EFIN, which helps to ensure that only qualified and trustworthy professionals are authorized to file tax returns electronically. 

Overall, using a tax professional with an EFIN can help ensure that your tax returns are filed accurately, efficiently, and securely. 


Tax Titans eliminates the need of a traditional tax firm by connecting high caliber Tax Professionals directly with Business Owners.

Contact Info

1314 Rutherford Rd Greenville, SC 29609
© Tax Titans • All Rights Reserved
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram